Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
In collaboration with family and community, Hillsdale Middle School’s mission is to develop learners, leaders and artists using challenging, innovative instruction.
Our vision is to create a collaborative environment that empowers students to be resourceful, independent learners. Through the use of 21st century skills and technology, students will become creative, critical thinkers who pursue their passions to achieve life skills and educational success.
- All students are capable of learning and achieving at high standards through the use of meaningful curriculum and quality instruction.
- Students are provided a safe and structured learning environment where responsibility and autonomy is encouraged and developed.
- Students receive differentiated and individualized instruction to prepare for college readiness and/or vocational training.
- Students and teachers access current technology to acquire and apply 21st century skills.
- Students are encouraged to be curious, creative, think critically and develop leadership and interpersonal skills which empower our students to positively impact their lives and their community.
- We foster and value the partnership with families and the community in developing the social, emotional, academic and physical well-being of our students.
- Our educational program encourages students to identify and pursue their passions by exploring music, academics, health, technology and the arts.
District News and Announcements
A California district implemented a robust career exploration model that begins with teaching students to deliver TED Talks — in kindergarten.
Regular hours will resume November 28. Thank you.
The California State Park Adventure Pass is just for you. See how you can visit some of the most amazing parks in the country with your family and friends—for free.
The Cajon Valley Union School District (CVUSD) is seeking qualified, motivated volunteers to fill a vacant position on the independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC). Application due 11/30/2022.
Cajon Valley expanded before and after school care. The program is open to all students regardless of income.
"That's wraparound service and care that should be standard for all kids.”
"The biggest change for us is providing free before and after school care and enrichment for all families."
SDG&E Partners With Cajon Valley School District on Vehicle-to-Grid Project for Electric School Buses
As part of the five-year pilot project, SDG&E installed six 60kW bi-directional DC fast chargers at Cajon Valley's bus yard in El Cajon.