Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
In collaboration with family and community, Hillsdale Middle School’s mission is to develop learners, leaders and artists using challenging, innovative instruction.
Our vision is to create a collaborative environment that empowers students to be resourceful, independent learners. Through the use of 21st century skills and technology, students will become creative, critical thinkers who pursue their passions to achieve life skills and educational success.
- All students are capable of learning and achieving at high standards through the use of meaningful curriculum and quality instruction.
- Students are provided a safe and structured learning environment where responsibility and autonomy is encouraged and developed.
- Students receive differentiated and individualized instruction to prepare for college readiness and/or vocational training.
- Students and teachers access current technology to acquire and apply 21st century skills.
- Students are encouraged to be curious, creative, think critically and develop leadership and interpersonal skills which empower our students to positively impact their lives and their community.
- We foster and value the partnership with families and the community in developing the social, emotional, academic and physical well-being of our students.
- Our educational program encourages students to identify and pursue their passions by exploring music, academics, health, technology and the arts.
District News and Annoucements
Cajon Valley Union School District's Measure L will give us the financial tools to improve, upgrade, rehabilitate and expand our children's classrooms and make critical safety improvements to schools throughout the District WITH NO INCREASE IN CURRENT TAX RATES.
Cajon Valley Union School District will be partnering with El Cajon Police Department on the Handle With Care initiative that is making a difference in mental health throughout the United States.
When their friend was diagnosed with cancer, two El Cajon fifth-graders never imagined it would make her feel unwelcome at school. So the Vista Grande Elementary students decided to shave their heads in solidarity.
An innovative K-12 curriculum created by the Cajon Valley Union School District is gaining nationwide attention. World of Work aims to tackles problems seen in the education system head-on.
Cajon Valley Union School District Nominated as Top Workplace as Employee Engagement and Satisfaction Soars
Cajon Valley Union School District is being honored by the San Diego Union-Tribune for their nomination as a Top Workplace. This distinction comes to the District as they have put focus on employee engagement and satisfaction in recent years.
In the Cajon Valley Union School District - a wonderfully diverse school district that serves a socioeconomic population with nearly two-thirds of families living in or nearly in poverty - high-skill, high-wage jobs in the community often go unfilled. Across the nation, school districts are experiencing a similar landscape. It's a troubling pattern raising some tough questions for schools about what they can do to help shift this alarming trend. From the fall issue of the CSBA publication "California Schools"