In collaboration with family and community, Hillsdale Middle School’s mission is to develop learners, leaders and artists using challenging, innovative instruction.
Our vision is to create a collaborative environment that empowers students to be resourceful, independent learners. Through the use of 21st century skills and technology, students will become creative, critical thinkers who pursue their passions to achieve life skills and educational success.
- All students are capable of learning and achieving at high standards through the use of meaningful curriculum and quality instruction.
- Students are provided a safe and structured learning environment where responsibility and autonomy is encouraged and developed.
- Students receive differentiated and individualized instruction to prepare for college readiness and/or vocational training.
- Students and teachers access current technology to acquire and apply 21st century skills.
- Students are encouraged to be curious, creative, think critically and develop leadership and interpersonal skills which empower our students to positively impact their lives and their community.
- We foster and value the partnership with families and the community in developing the social, emotional, academic and physical well-being of our students.
- Our educational program encourages students to identify and pursue their passions by exploring music, academics, health, technology and the arts.
Order Your Yearbook Here
Remember the year forever
New Office Hours
New Office Hours are 8:30 am to 4pm starting Monday
District News and Announcements
The Surging World of Work
The World of Work (WoW) is surging in the Pittsburgh K-12 area in 2023. World of Work is a career initiative that started in the Cajon Valley Union School District, San Diego CA. There are now districts across the United States who are using this model to prepare students in K-12 for their future directions.
District Office Closed for Spring Break
District Offices are closed to the public April 3 – April 7. Regular hours will resume April 10.
CALIFORNIA STATE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Now Enrolling for 2022-2023, Register Today!
DIVE AWARDS 2022 District of the Year: Cajon Valley Union School District
A California district implemented a robust career exploration model that begins with teaching students to deliver TED Talks — in kindergarten.
Hey, fourth graders! Are you ready for an adventure?
The California State Park Adventure Pass is just for you. See how you can visit some of the most amazing parks in the country with your family and friends—for free.
Senator Brian Jones Visits Lexington Elementary
"It's an honor to represent Cajon Valley in Sacramento as the State Senator...we are going to continue that relationship and expand that next year." - Brian Jones
Cajon Valley expanded before and after school care. The program is open to all students regardless of income.
"That's wraparound service and care that should be standard for all kids.”
Interview with Superintendent Dr. David Miyashiro about back to school
"The biggest change for us is providing free before and after school care and enrichment for all families."