Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
In collaboration with family and community, Hillsdale Middle School’s mission is to develop learners, leaders and artists using challenging, innovative instruction.
Our vision is to create a collaborative environment that empowers students to be resourceful, independent learners. Through the use of 21st century skills and technology, students will become creative, critical thinkers who pursue their passions to achieve life skills and educational success.
- All students are capable of learning and achieving at high standards through the use of meaningful curriculum and quality instruction.
- Students are provided a safe and structured learning environment where responsibility and autonomy is encouraged and developed.
- Students receive differentiated and individualized instruction to prepare for college readiness and/or vocational training.
- Students and teachers access current technology to acquire and apply 21st century skills.
- Students are encouraged to be curious, creative, think critically and develop leadership and interpersonal skills which empower our students to positively impact their lives and their community.
- We foster and value the partnership with families and the community in developing the social, emotional, academic and physical well-being of our students.
- Our educational program encourages students to identify and pursue their passions by exploring music, academics, health, technology and the arts.
District News and Announcements
We see evidence of this willingness to think boldly and embrace new circumstances in Cajon Valley Union School District’s career-focused Launch Pad, which had to make some quick pivots to continue to deliver value to district students when the pandemic forced it to operate under new conditions.
At Cajon Valley Middle School, real-world relevance is a top priority. Using a curriculum called World of Work, or WOW, teachers guide students through experiences that make use of student interests revealed in research-based career assessments — setting them up to one day enter the workforce armed with an informed understanding of the options available to them.
One San Diego County school district is doing such a great job with their reopening, they were asked to participate in a national summit designed to help other districts follow their lead.
A San Diego school district is in the national spotlight for getting kids back to the classroom safely. Teachers, administrators, and students from Cajon Valley Union took part in a summit Wednesday hosted by the Department of Education to share their success with the rest of the country.
The Cajon Valley Union School District student joined teachers and administrators, as well as thousands of educators on Wednesday for the U.S. Department of Education’s first “National Safe Schools Reopening Summit” virtual series.
Hosted by the US Department of Education