Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
In collaboration with family and community, Hillsdale Middle School’s mission is to develop learners, leaders and artists using challenging, innovative instruction.
Our vision is to create a collaborative environment that empowers students to be resourceful, independent learners. Through the use of 21st century skills and technology, students will become creative, critical thinkers who pursue their passions to achieve life skills and educational success.
- All students are capable of learning and achieving at high standards through the use of meaningful curriculum and quality instruction.
- Students are provided a safe and structured learning environment where responsibility and autonomy is encouraged and developed.
- Students receive differentiated and individualized instruction to prepare for college readiness and/or vocational training.
- Students and teachers access current technology to acquire and apply 21st century skills.
- Students are encouraged to be curious, creative, think critically and develop leadership and interpersonal skills which empower our students to positively impact their lives and their community.
- We foster and value the partnership with families and the community in developing the social, emotional, academic and physical well-being of our students.
- Our educational program encourages students to identify and pursue their passions by exploring music, academics, health, technology and the arts.
District News and Annoucements
In the Cajon Valley Union School District — a wonderfully diverse school district that serves a socioeconomic population with nearly two-thirds of families living in or nearly in poverty — high-skill, high-wage jobs in the community often go unfilled. Across the nation, school districts are experiencing a similar landscape. It’s a troubling pattern raising some tough questions for schools about what they can do to help shift this alarming trend. From the fall issue of the CSBA publication "California Schools"
Cajon Valley's RSIG Power Up Program featured on ABC Channel 10 News "Stories That Matters"
KUSI Good Morning San Diego features Cajon Valley Union School District celebrating Red Ribbon Week with the El Cajon Police Department and the Heartland Fire and Rescue.
The Cajon Valley Union School District as well as San Diego County in general has recently experienced a sharp increase in mosquito populations and bites. The County of San Diego has provided good information regarding recent invasions by three new species of mosquitoes into our area.
CVUSD offers free preschool for qualifying families
EL CAJON — She may only be in the sixth grade, but Alisha Carter is very aware that most adults have a tough time putting down those cell phones. Her own cell phone in hand on Saturday afternoon, Alisha walked onto the auditorium stage at Greenfield Middle School during the Cajon Valley Union School District’s fifth annual TedXKids@ElCajon and paused.