Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
Design Learning Academy
Design Learning Academy is a tuition free online public education option for families. We are part of the Cajon Valley Union School district and offer your students all the benefits of being an established school district with high academic standards and student support systems. Our program is delivered through an easy to use, robust Learning Management System with the tools needed to access daily lessons and communicate with teachers. Students successfully completing 8th grade curriculum are eligible for promotion to high school.
Serving San Diego, Orange, Riverside and Imperial Counties.
Distance Learning Options
Design Learning Academy Virtual Learning Program
- Lessons are taught by parent/guardian
- Parent weekly check in with home school teacher
- Attendance is counted based on work completion
- Work is assigned and due weekly. It can be completed at parent/student pace
- Optional weekly on campus enrichment opportunities through our Explorations program
- Lessons taught by certificated Cajon Valley teacher
- Daily connection with their teacher via zoom
- Attendance is taken daily
- Work is assigned in a more traditional format with the teacher assigning daily or weekly due dates
- Optional monthly opportunities for on-campus opportunities with enrichment and/or academic support.
The Cajon Valley Design Learning Academy provides a connected/virtual learning community where strengths and individuality are valued. Students are encouraged to transcend traditional learning boundaries to access knowledge and creativity.
We build connections and a sense of community among students.
District News and Announcements
The Cajon Valley Union School District (CVUSD) is seeking qualified, motivated volunteers to fill vacant positions on the independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC).
Spaces are limited, enroll today!
Five local educators representing schools in Chula Vista, El Cajon, Escondido, and Poway have been named SD County Teachers of the Year. The honorees were announced at a reception Friday night as part of the 33rd annual “Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers,” presented by San Diego County Credit Union in partnership with the SDCOE.
We are asking parents, teachers, students and other stakeholders to contribute their thoughts on the development of our 2023/24 CVUSD School Safety Plan. Click for survey
"It's something that we revisit every year, practice training protocols tools, everything," said Dr. Superintendent, David Miyashiro.