Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
Design Learning Academy
Design Learning Academy is a tuition free online public education option for families. We are part of the Cajon Valley Union School district and offer your students all the benefits of being an established school district with high academic standards and student support systems. Our program is delivered through an easy to use, robust Learning Management System with the tools needed to access daily lessons and communicate with teachers. Students successfully completing 8th grade curriculum are eligible for promotion to high school.
Serving San Diego, Orange, Riverside and Imperial Counties.
Distance Learning Options
Design Learning Academy Virtual Learning Program
- Lessons are taught by parent/guardian
- Parent weekly check in with home school teacher
- Attendance is counted based on work completion
- Work is assigned and due weekly. It can be completed at parent/student pace
- Optional weekly on campus enrichment opportunities through our Explorations program
- Lessons taught by certificated Cajon Valley teacher
- Daily connection with their teacher via zoom
- Attendance is taken daily
- Work is assigned in a more traditional format with the teacher assigning daily or weekly due dates
- Optional monthly opportunities for on-campus opportunities with enrichment and/or academic support.
The Cajon Valley Design Learning Academy provides a connected/virtual learning community where strengths and individuality are valued. Students are encouraged to transcend traditional learning boundaries to access knowledge and creativity.
We build connections and a sense of community among students.
District News and Announcements
On August 16th, the day before school started in the Cajon Valley Union School District, one family reached out to Fraidoon and Mohammad, Family and Community Liaisons for the Cajon Valley Union School District, to please hold their spot at their local school.
Thousands of East County students headed back to class Tuesday for the start of the new school year, and the number of children enrolled for in-person learning showed...
Avocado Elementary was bustling with activity early Tuesday as hundreds of students showed up for the first day of school.
“I’m so excited for them to be at school. It’s a completely different experience having him home...
"So this year, really, we're welcoming everyone back to start the year off," said Stephanie Dodds, the principal of Madison Avenue Elementary...
"We love you, we can't wait to see you, our teachers are just ecstatic, they can't wait to see you!"
Students in the Cajon Valley Union School District head back to class next week.