NEW CVUSD student transfer application
*Please do not enter your student transfer using this link if your student is already a student in the Cajon Valley Union School District, as it will greatly delay the processing. Please log into your Parent Portal using the link below under Current CVUSD Student Transfer Application.
CURRENT CVUSD student transfer application
Inters may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer Deadlines for 2022-2023: 12/15 - 02/01
Submitting an application for Student Transfer does not guarantee enrollment at the desired school(s).
To enroll in your neighborhood school, please contact them directly for next steps.
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For additional assistance please call our department at (619) 588-3210.
- Intradistrict: A transfer from one Cajon Valley school to another Cajon Valley School
- Interdistrict: A transfer from one District to another District
- Inter applications may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
For further information regarding our Governing Board's policy, click here
Questions and Answers
Are you accepting applications for the current school year?
The transfer period for each school year is December 15th through February 1st. Applicants filing after the February 1st deadline may be added to a waiting list in the order received.
How do I submit my Interdistrict application?
We are currently accepting scanned PDF versions of the Interdistrict application. Please email your student's application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If accepted, is transportation provided by Cajon Valley Union School District?
No, parent/guardian are responsible for transporting their child to and from school.
Inter-District Transfer Process
- The student must first be released from their district of residence.
- Inter–District Transfers are to be submitted to the desired district, either in person or via email to email@example.com.
Intra-District Transfer Process
Parents must apply online by February 1st, through the Parent Portal.
- In order to apply, please visit, www.parentportal.cajonvalley.net
- Log in
- Select the student
- Select Student Transfer
- Complete and submit the application
- Decisions will be sent via email from the District by May 1st, contingent the application is received by the February 1st deadline. For transfers received after the deadline, decisions will be sent via email within 30 days of submission.
What is an Inter-District Transfer?
An Inter-District Transfer is required for students residing outside of the Cajon Valley Union School District boundaries and are requesting to attend a school within the Cajon Valley Union School District boundaries.
What is an Intra-District Transfer?
An Intra-District Transfer is required for students that reside within Cajon Valley Union School District boundaries and are requesting to attend another school within the Cajon Valley Union School District boundaries.
When will I receive a decision?
Decisions regarding transfer applications submitted by deadline (by February 1st) will be emailed by May 1st.
Applications without an email address provided will be delayed in processing until an email address can be acquired.