In Cajon Valley we believe that our job is to prepare students with disabilities to be independent, self determining, productive members of society. Our goals is that students with disabilities possess the academic, vocational and interpersonal skills necessary to be meaningfully connected to the community and live a high quality of life.
We believe that:
- All children have the right to learn in the least restrictive environment which meets their needs and provides maximum interaction with all peer groups.
- Children are best taught in educational settings which prepare them for their roles and responsibilities in society.
- All learning will take place in a positive, reinforcing, safe environment which nurtures social responsibility and respect for diversity.
- All children will have access to a continuum of programs and instructional services that meet their individual needs.
- The child will be the central focus of all educational decision making.
Special Education Department
Cajon Valley Union School District
750 E. Main Street
El Cajon, CA 92020
P.O. Box 1007
El Cajon, CA 92022-1007
Main Phone Line: 619.588.3053
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.