Your child's academic success begins with regular attendance.
Here’s what the research shows:
- Students who attend school regularly score higher on achievement tests than their peers who are frequently absent.
- When your child is absent he or she loses academic instruction that affects learning, grades, and achievement scores.
- When your child misses even one day of school, it takes TWO days just to catch up, according to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Students who are frequently absent have lower grades and are more likely to drop out.
- Students who drop out often have limited job prospects.
- When your child is absent, he or she misses the social experiences, lessons, and relationships that help with fitting in and succeeding in school and life.
Our staff is here to support you and your child.
Please contact us right away if there are problems that affect your child’s ability to attend school, and we will do our best to help.
Healthy students learn better. Be sure to eat a nutritious breakfast and participate in physical activity at school. Both will help to improve your test scores and concentration. Bring healthy snacks for recess, parties and celebrations, such as fresh fruits or vegetable, fruit or vegetable juice, fruit cups, string cheese or seeds and nuts.