Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
Design Learning Academy
Design Learning Academy is a tuition free online public education option for families. We are part of the Cajon Valley Union School district and offer your students all the benefits of being an established school district with high academic standards and student support systems. Our program is delivered through an easy to use, robust Learning Management System with the tools needed to access daily lessons and communicate with teachers. Students successfully completing 8th grade curriculum are eligible for promotion to high school.
Serving San Diego, Orange, Riverside and Imperial Counties.
Distance Learning Options
Design Learning Academy Virtual Learning Program
- Lessons are taught by parent/guardian
- Parent weekly check in with home school teacher
- Attendance is counted based on work completion
- Work is assigned and due weekly. It can be completed at parent/student pace
- Optional weekly on campus enrichment opportunities through our Explorations program
- Lessons taught by certificated Cajon Valley teacher
- Daily connection with their teacher via zoom
- Attendance is taken daily
- Work is assigned in a more traditional format with the teacher assigning daily or weekly due dates
- Optional monthly opportunities for on-campus opportunities with enrichment and/or academic support.
The Cajon Valley Design Learning Academy provides a connected/virtual learning community where strengths and individuality are valued. Students are encouraged to transcend traditional learning boundaries to access knowledge and creativity.
We build connections and a sense of community among students.
District News and Announcements
A California district implemented a robust career exploration model that begins with teaching students to deliver TED Talks — in kindergarten.
Regular hours will resume November 28. Thank you.
The California State Park Adventure Pass is just for you. See how you can visit some of the most amazing parks in the country with your family and friends—for free.
The Cajon Valley Union School District (CVUSD) is seeking qualified, motivated volunteers to fill a vacant position on the independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC). Application due 11/30/2022.
Cajon Valley expanded before and after school care. The program is open to all students regardless of income.
"That's wraparound service and care that should be standard for all kids.”
"The biggest change for us is providing free before and after school care and enrichment for all families."
SDG&E Partners With Cajon Valley School District on Vehicle-to-Grid Project for Electric School Buses
As part of the five-year pilot project, SDG&E installed six 60kW bi-directional DC fast chargers at Cajon Valley's bus yard in El Cajon.