Best place to live, work, play & raise a family
The mission of Los Coches Creek Middle School is to provide a program that will assist all students in reaching their academic, social and physical potential through educational opportunities that will support them, challenge them, and help them grow as productive, globally responsible citizens of a 21st Century global community. Working closely with parents as equal and important members of our team, we strive to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere where respect for each individual, high standards, and a feeling of community prevail.
Los Coches Creek Middle School will maintain a globally responsible community assuring student academic proficiency and social development with established interventions for student support.
- Our curriculum centers on students, makes connections of content to the lives of students, is comprehensive and balanced, and prepares students for post-secondary education.
- Our instruction assesses students’ needs through performance assessment, reflects the research on learning, provides intervention when needed, seeks consistency of expectations, and utilizes a variety of instructional approaches.
- Our students are intrinsically motivated to perform and achieve, challenge themselves, commit themselves to become life-long learners, accept responsibility for their own actions and continue to be informed and involved citizens.
- Our environment enables students to succeed, facilitates effective collaboration, cooperation, and communication, supports students, staff, and parents, and encourages shared decision-making.
- Our staff works toward common purposes: respects individuality in teaching styles, uses data to improve student learning, demonstrates flexibility, models life-long learning, and values collegiality.
Los Coches Creek Headlines
District News and Annoucements
Students may access these optional online supplemental learning opportunities. Below is a list of central and site applications with recommendations.
Cajon Valley Union School District Child Nutrition will be conducting drive-thru / walk-up distribution of daily meals, free to all children 18 years and younger. Children will need to be present to receive meals, and each child may take one meal bag (including one lunch and one breakfast) for the following day.
Video in Arabic, Farsi, Spanish and Swahili
Although there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Cajon Valley, out of an abundance of caution, and in consultation with the California Public Health Officials, Cajon Valley Union School District will close all schools in a statewide effort to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
To address the developmental needs of our youngest learners and their successful transition to school, the following daily schedule modifications will be implemented in the 2020/2021 school year.
"Protecting our taxpayers is the top priority of the District's Board of Trustees. We were able to reduce borrowing costs and pass the savings on to the taxpayers." - Superintendent, Dr. Miyashiro
Cajon Valley Union School District's Measure L will give us the financial tools to improve, upgrade, rehabilitate and expand our children's classrooms and make critical safety improvements to schools throughout the District WITH NO INCREASE IN CURRENT TAX RATES.
Cajon Valley Union School District will be partnering with El Cajon Police Department on the Handle With Care initiative that is making a difference in mental health throughout the United States.