Aligning to our mission of making Cajon Valley the best place to live, work, play and raise a family, Cajon Valley as a district has been embarking on a path to a greener El Cajon, increase our social responsibility, and be the environmental champion of East County. Cajon Valley is a member of the Environmental Center of San Diego as well as the San Deigo Regional Green Business Network.
- Electric buses
- Reduction in bus idling
- Monitoring Program -
CVUSD uses “EnergyLink” to monitor its solar production and energy use.
- E-Waste management
- ASHRAE Level 2 Energy Audits -
Energy audits were performed at all sites, to determine and prioritize the most cost-effective energy-saving measures.
- Lighting retrofit -
Old inefficient lighting was replaced with LED lighting, including motion sensors at all sites.
- HVAC -
Old, inefficient heating ventilation and air conditioning units were replaced with more efficient higher SEER units.
- Solar -
After first completing the energy efficiency measures listed above, the District installed solar/photovoltaic systems at 25 sites for ongoing energy savings and reduced carbon footprint.
- Irrigation Water Wells -
The District installed irrigation wells at several sites
- Student Composting Bins
- Student-led recycling efforts
World of Work - Career exploration initiative teaching the next generation about green jobs such as environmental engineers and wind energy technicians.
- Environmental Management system with integrated reporting
- Landfill/waste audit
- Automated (motion/light-sensing) light fixtures
- Wastewater treatment
- Zero-leak water+heating fixtures
- Vetting the value chain (purchasing/supply chain audit and management)
- Improve water efficiency
- Warehouse cold storage efficiency
- Improve indoor air quality
- Cohesive and comprehensive site energy management
- Adjust carbon offset
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable design on all new building projects
In The News
MembershipsIf you have any suggestions or concerns about Cajon Valley's green programs please contact Scott Buxbaum, Assistant Superintendent Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org