Student Transfers

  • 2019-2020 Student Transfer Period will open on January 15th, 2019. 


    2018-2019 Application for Intra/Interdistrict Attendance Permit deadline was March 1st.

    Decisions regarding transfers applications submitted by the March 1, 2018 deadline will be mailed by June 1, 2018. Transfers submitted are approved pending available space at the desired school.  Should a school receive more transfer requests than there are spaces available, approval will be determined through a random, unbiased selection process to establish the order in which transfers will be approved and to initiate a waiting list (refer to CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL on the online form).

    Transfer requests received before the deadline will have priority over transfer requests received after the deadline. However, the order in which transfers are received prior to the deadline has no effect on the approval decision.

    INTRADISTRICT transfers are from one CVUSD school to another CVUSD school.  

    If your student lives within the CVUSD boundaries and wishes to attend a school other than his/her resident school you may apply at any of our school locations, as well as our District Office, located at 750 E Main. Street, Room 8, El Cajon, CA 92020. Applications are also available for download below.

    Submitting the 2018/2019 intradistrict transfer request online (by clicking the link above) is the preferred method. Please be sure to save your four-digit confirmation number to confirm submittal.

    Forms may also be downloaded using the link below and submitted at LRP office.                        

    INTERDISTRICT transfers are from out of District, one DISTRICT to another DISTRICT. This is a two-step process: (1) the District of residence must sign authorizing release of the student; and (2) the District of desired attendance must sign indicating its decision regarding approval of the transfer request. Forms may be downloaded using the link below. 

    Vickie Hayman, Administrative Asst.
    Phone: (619) 588-3210
    Cajon Valley Union School District
    Long-Range Planning Department
    750 E. Main St., Rm. 8 
    El Cajon, CA  92020
     Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (M-F)
    •  CONTINUING TRANSFERS - A student who is attending a school on an approved transfer does not need to reapply for subsequent years at the same school.
    •  GRADUATING STUDENTS - Students graduating from elementary school to middle school must submit a new transfer application if they wish to attend a middle school that is not their school of residence.
    •  SIBLINGS - Siblings of students attending on a transfer are not automatically approved and must go through the transfer process.
    •  STUDENTS WHO MOVE - If you have moved or plan to move into a new boundary area and wish to have your child remain at his/her current school, a transfer application must be submitted.
    •  OVERFLOW STUDENTS - All overflow students are expected to return to their home school for the 2018-2019 school year. Students wishing to remain at the overflow school beyond the 2018-2019 school year must submit an Application for Intradistrict Attendance Permit (S-49) during the application period, January 15 - March 1, 2018. Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent.
    • EARLY ADMISSIONS KINDERGARTEN (EAK) - Questions regarding inter-district (district to district) transfers for EAK should be directed to Linda Irvine at (619) 588-3148.  EAK Age Requirement:  Child must be five-years of age by March 15, no exceptions. The EAK program runs January through June of each year.
    • TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN (TK) - Questions regarding Transitional Kindergarten should be directed to the resident school.  TK Age Requirement:  Child must be age five between September 2 and December 2.  Children age five on December 3 or later are not eligible for this program (refer to EAK).
    • STATE FUNDED PRESCHOOL - Questions regarding transfers for State Preschool should be directed to (619) 588-3142.