Dear Lexington Families,
I am eager to rejoin you as principal at Lexington Elementary for the 2021-2022 school year. I am so excited to see all of our students return in person to school on Tuesday, August 17th. With that, here are a few reminders we want to provide for everyone.
School Day for TK and Kindergarten:
We welcome all TK and Kindergarten students and families to meet their teacher and see their new classroom on Monday, August 16 anytime between 9:00 am - 10:00 am. You will be given important information about the first day of school so please make sure to stop by.
- TK: August 17th through December 17th, Hours: 8:00 am - 11:45 am
- Kindergarten: August 17 through September 3rd, Hours 8:00 am - 11:45 am
School Day for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th graders:
- Arrival: 7:45 - 8:00
- Start Time: 8:00 am
- Dismissal: 2:00 pm
Changes to the Morning Arrival and Dismissal Routine:
Again, thank you for your patience as we have worked through a few issues. Beginning Tuesday, August 17th, gates will be open at 7:45 am. We ask that all families wait in their vehicle or walk up with your child for a symptom check directed by one of our team members. Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade students will be dropped off and picked up at the front entrance. 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students will be dropped off and picked up at the First Street entrance.
Arrival and Pick-Up Safety Reminders:
Drop off and arrival can feel hectic. There are nearly 800 students that attend Lexington, and our parking lot infrastructure was not designed to support that number. Because of this, it is even more important to remember the following guidelines.
- DRIVE SLOWLY AND CAUTIOUSLY
- OBSERVE SIGNS AND CONES
- REMEMBER TO USE THE CROSSWALKS AT ALL TIMES
- THANK YOU FOR NOT DOUBLE PARKING
- REMEMBER TO PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD IF YOU ARE IN THE DROP-OFF LANE
- THE PARKING LOT IS NOT A PICKUP AND DROP OFF AREA
- THANK YOU FOR NOT MOTIONING FOR YOUR CHILD TO WALK BETWEEN CARS OR DISREGARDING THE LEXINGTON TEAM
- THANK YOU FOR BEING RESPECTFUL AND POLITE
- We will have Minimum Day Mondays with a dismissal of 1:00 pm.
- If you have any questions regarding transportation here is the phone number: 619-588-3177
- Our office is now open. We are so excited to welcome families back in the office at a limited capacity. Masks are required inside our office and optional outside.
- We have school supplies for our little leopards and if you’d like to donate any supplies: dry erase markers, pencils and tissue would be appreciated.
We hope that you enjoy the last week of summer and we look forward to seeing you next Tuesday, August 17th for the first day of school!
Thank you so much!