Welcome to Ms. Miller's Class
Welcome back to school, I am so excited to have you in my class! This is going to be your best year yet! We have so many fun activities and projects planned for you this year. You can always find the 5th grade homework on the Grade 5 calendar. I also have some fun links and book recommendations here. I hope you are as excited as I am to dive into an exciting year of 5th grade!
Writing will not go home when it is in process, as we will be conferencing in small groups and one on one. This is important for your child to reflect on their writing and feel confident that they are writers, and can improve with guidance.
Google Classroom Directions
1. In your browser window type "google classroom" or "classroom google" **Chrome is the best for this if you can use that.
2. Click on what looks like https://www.google.com/edu/products/productivity.../classroom/
3. Click on "Go to classroom" (It should be a blue icon)
4. Now you will be asked to type in your google account information. The user name is your SCHOOL EMAIL ADDRESS (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the password is the password that you use to get into your google drive at school.
5. Now choose the virtual classroom that you need to access. If you have to add a class code, on this page in the upper right hand corner there is a + sign, click on that and enter the class code. Class codes only need to be entered ONCE.
6. Have fun!
Habits of Success
Effective and Ethical User of Resources
Please ask your child to show you their planner each night, as well as check the homework calendar on the 5th grade team website. Blue Friday folders will go home each Friday and these are to be signed and brought back each Monday. It is a way for parents and I to communicate weekly on progress.
*For volunteering in the classroom it is easier for me to send out an email letting you know a week or two ahead that there is a lab that I need help with. Otherwise, email me and I can fit you in where it would be most helpful. Field trips I will always take first come first serve.
Contact me anytime via email and I will get back to you within 24 hours.