One of the most important things your child can do to reach the goal of success is also one of the most basic: attend school every day on time! Daily attendance at school is important, any missed day is a missed opportunity to learn.
If you are absent, you must
- Clear your absence by parent phone call or note within 24 hours.
- Make up all missing work
- See your teachers for help
Attendance is monitored by the school and the State of California.
Our Direct Line for ATTENDANCE is: 619-590-2799
Why Attendance is Important in Helping Every Student Succeed
By attending class regularly, your child is more likely to keep up with daily lessons and assignments and take quizzes and tests on time. Research has shown that your child's regular attendance may be the greatest factor influencing his/her academic success.
Some of the greatest benefits for attending school regularly are:
- Achievement: Students who attend school regularly are more likely to pass reading and math assessments than students who do not.
- Opportunity: For older students, being in school every day gives them a chance to learn more about college and scholarship opportunities and to learn the important information to build a successful academic record.
- Exposure to the English language: Regular school attendance can also help students who are learning English by giving them the opportunity to master the skills and information they need more quickly and accurately.
- Being part of the school community: Just by being present at school, your child is learning how to be a good citizen by participating in the school community, learning valuable social skills, and developing a broader world view.