Welcome to Flying Hills Elementary School - Home of the FAME (Fine Arts Magnet Education) Program! We are a K-6 elementary school serving approximately 550 students. The Flying Hills Staff strives to provide a well-rounded educational experience where learning in and through the arts is a daily occurrence.
At Flying Hills we strive to create an educational experience that is memorable and meaningful. We work hard to ensure that our students learn in an environment that allows them to express their ideas creatively while developing a strong academic foundation to serve as a sprinboard for a lifetime of excited learning.
We have several unique programs to enhance the students' learning experiences. A few of the programs we offer are:
- Visual and performing arts integrated throughout the curriculum in every grade as part of our magnet focus.
- Kindergarten and First Grade students receive general music instruction from a credentialed music specialist.
- Second Grade Students learn to play the flutafone and Third Grade Students learn to play the keyboard with weekly music instruction.
- Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Grade students participate in either a band or orchestra with music classes taking place twice a week.
- All Third through Fifth Grade Students participate in an annual stage performance.
- All Sixth Grade Students participate in a comprehensive musical production each year.
- One-to-One Laptop Program provides laptop computers for every student.
If you are looking for an educational experience unlike anything else in East County, Flying Hills is the place for you!