Field Trip Information
Check a Date
The Cajon Valley Transportation Department can only accommodate up to 7 field trip buses Monday-Friday. You can verify bussing is available for your desired field trip date on our Google Field Trip Calendar located at Field Trip Calendar.
Scheduling Your Field Trip
All field trips must be scheduled through the CVUSD Transportation Department; this includes charter busses. If a District vehicle is not available to accommodate a requested field trip, the Department will assist you in securing alternative (Non-District) transportation. Please use our online trip request system Trans Trak Trip Request Center Please submit trip requests as early as possible to secure bussing.
Available field trip hours are as follows:
- Monday 9:15a-12:30p; 3:30p-9:30p
- Tues-Friday 9:15a-1:30p; 4:30p-9:30p
- Weekend Hours: Friday 6:00p-Monday 5:30a
All CVUSD Trips are calculated based on time and mileage unless otherwise listed below.
You can estimate the cost of your trip by adding your total miles and total hours.
- Drop and Return Mileage: Will start at the pickup location and end at the transportation yard (721 E Park Ave, El Cajon 92020)
- Sports Trip Mileage: Flat Hourly Rate
- Gate to Gate Mileage: Will start at pickup location and end at end pickup location
RATE CODE EFFECTIVE DATE HOURLY RATE OVERTIME RATE MILEAGE RATE Description D-20-01 08/19/2020 $33.00 $49.50 $2.75 CVUSD Trips D-20-02 08/19/2020 $33.00 $49.50 $0.00 CVUSD Sports D-20-03 08/19/2020 $150.00 $0.00 $0.00 Helix H20 D-20-04 08/19/2020 $1,380.00 $0.00 $0.00 Knott's Berry Farm D-20-05 08/19/2020 $1,348.00 $0.00 $0.00 Disneyland
- Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Maximum of 65 passengers including adults (minimum of 2 staff members required per bus)
- 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th: Maximum of 50 passengers including adults (minimum of 2 staff members required per bus)
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles: 16 passengers, 2 wheelchairs (minimum of 1 staff member required per bus)
Please contact your School Office Manager for booking. Required information includes:
- Number of Students
- Number of Adults
- Do you require a wheelchair accessible bus?
- Departure Time from School
- Return Time to School
- Name of the Trip Organizer (teacher, office manager, Principal, department head)
- Field Trip Point of Contact; Name and cell phone number
All trips within CVUSD District boundaries require authorization from the Principal. Trips traveling outside of district boundaries and within San Diego county must have additional approval from the Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services. All trips traveling outside of San Diego county require Governing Board Approval.
* Please note: Field trips are NOT officially scheduled until your trip has been approved by the Transportation Department. Once the booking is complete, a confirmation notice will be emailed to the School Office Manager.
Changes in Booking and Cancellations
Please contact the Transportation Department directly as soon as possible for any changes to your field trip. You can call the office directly at 619-588-3670 or email to Changes in Booking.
For cancellations, please call the Dispatch Office directly at 619-588-3670 or email to Cancellations. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the trip departure may be subject to fees.
Field Trip Scheduler: 619-588-3670
Dispatch Office Main Line: 619-588-3177