Public Notice - Citizens’ Oversight Committee Vacancies
Citizens’ Oversight Committee Vacancies Application
Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Cajon Valley Union School District (CVUSD) is seeking qualified, motivated volunteers to fill vacant positions on the independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC). The District is currently seeking a representative who is: (1) active in a local business organization; (2) active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization; (3) or a member of the community at large.
The function of the COC is to review and report to the public concerning the District’s construction (Propositions C & D) and technology (Proposition EE) bond programs. All members (with the exception of the Taxpayer Representative) must live or work within the boundaries of the Cajon Valley Union School District. No employee or official of the District may be appointed to the Committee. Additionally, no vendor, contractor, or consultant of the District may be appointed to the committee.
The Committee is composed of the following community residents:
- One member shall, at the time of appointment, be active in a business organization representing the business community of the District; (FUTURE VACANCY: 6/1/2024)
- One member shall, at the time of appointment, be active in a senior citizens’ organization, which may be a local, regional, statewide or national organization;
- One member shall, at the time of appointment, be active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization, which may be a local, regional, statewide or national organization; (CURRENT VACANCY)
- One member shall, at the time of appointment, be the parent or guardian of at least one child currently enrolled in a school of the District;
- One member shall, at the time of appointment, be both a parent or guardian of at least one child currently enrolled in a school of the District, and an active member in a District parent-teacher organization, such as the PTA or school site council.
- Two members shall, at the time of appointment, be representative of the community-at-large. (CURRENT VACANCY)
A single individual may be appointed as a representative of more than one of the above categories, if applicable.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in serving as a volunteer on this important committee, please complete and return the application below. For more information, contact Sharon Dobbins, LongRange Planning Director at (619) 588-3016 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Bond program information can also be found by going to www.cajonvalley.net/bond