Greetings and welcome to the 2017-18 school year! In this 7th grade history course, “Individuals and Societies”, we will examine World History from about 200 C.E. to the age of convergence, exploration, and colonization of the 1700’s. Specific emphasis will be on:
- world cultures from 200-1300 C.E.: Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Americas,
- the increasing interaction and interconnectedness over this time period,
- and major religions and cultures.
Greetings and welcome to the 2017-18 school year! In this 8th grade history course, “Individuals and Societies”, we will examine U.S. History from the original colonies to industrialism in the early 20th century. Specific emphasis will be on:
- the formation of a new government and the American identity,
- the development of the early nation,
- and finally the causes, course, and consequences of the Civil War.
As an International Baccalaureate school, both classes will implement the aims of the Middle Years Program (MYP). We will develop skills in inquiry, collaboration, expository reading and writing necessary to be successful at higher academic levels. The study of world history provides a natural laboratory for developing students’ problem solving, communication, collaboration, and analytical skills that support the IB Learner Profile.