District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
Cajon Valley Union School District, having more than 51 English learners, has established a DELAC. Parents and/or guardians of English learners who are not employed by the district shall constitute a majority of the committee. The percentage of parents of English learners must be at least the same as that of English learners in the district (EC 62002.5, 52176 [b]). Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one parent member to the DELAC. The DELAC shall receive and disseminate information pertaining to all components of the Master Plan for English Learners. Additionally, the DELAC shall be responsible for the following tasks (EC 62002.5):
Advise the local board, at a minimum, of the following:
- Review the Master Plan for English Learners on an ongoing basis and advise the district's governing board on the effectiveness of the Master Plan, including program goals and objectives (5 CCR 11308 [c]  ).
- Assist in developing a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis (5 CCR 11308 [c] ).
- Develop a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements (5 CCR 11308 [c] ).
- Assist in the development of the language census (R-30 LC) (5 CCR 11308 [c] ).
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures (5 CCR 11308 [c] ).
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians (5 CCR 11308 [c] ).
The DELAC Meetings are from 5:30 - 7p.m. and are held in the Cajon Valley District boardroom located at 750 E. Main St. El Cajon, CA 92020.