Preschool Registration Process
The Cajon Valley Union School District offers an early childhood program funded by the California Department of Education. The purpose of the California State Funded Preschool Program (CSPP) is to prepare students for a successful kindergarten experience. There are morning or afternoon classes, each lasting three hours. There is NO cost to families who meet eligibility criteria. Classes are held at Anza, Bostonia/CVLA, Chase, Flying Hills, Jamacha, Johnson, Lexington, Meridian, Naranca, Rios, and Sevick Elementary Schools.
Enrollment priority is given to four year old children. Acceptance into preschool is not first come, first serve. Interested families are placed on a waitlist where they are ranked according to family size and income. Once ranked, children are placed as spaces become available.
Preschool Program Qualifications
Age: Child must be at least three years old on or before September 1st, of current year. Children who turn four on or before September 1, of current year will be given priority.
Development: Children are expected to be 100% potty trained to attend preschool.
Income: Families must meet income guidelines to qualify.
Immunization: Child must have the following vaccines:
- 4 DTPs
- 3 Polio
- 1 MMR
- 1 HIB (given after the first birthday)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 1 Varicella
All shots must be documented by a physician or clinic.
Physical: To be considered for the program, your child must have a current physical or evidence of an upcoming appointment. The physical form must be completed and signed by your child’s medical provider. The completed form must be submitted with your application.
Transportation: Parents must provide transportation to and from the preschool.
Parent Participation: Parent participation is highly encouraged.
Preschool Program Documentation Requirements
Parents of children who will be four years old by September 1, of current year and who would like to be considered for the program must call the office to register for an orientation. Following the orientation, parents will be given an appointment and must bring to their appointment, all of the documents listed below. Eligible children with complete registration materials are placed according to age, income and available openings.
- Original Birth Records are required of ALL children in the family, whether applying for preschool or not. I-94 or Permanent Residency cards (white/green cards) are not acceptable.
- Immunization Record for the preschool child only (must be up-to-date and valid).
- The Physician’s Health Report must be completed by and signed by your child’s medical provider or evidence of a pending appointment must be provided before the application process can begin. The state preschool office will provide the physical form or it can be located on the district’s website at www.cajonvalley.net, Special Ed – Early Childhood Programs.
- TWO proofs of residence are required. One proof of residence must be a lease agreement or mortgage statement, along with a current utility bill, or other government document.
- Family’s current proof of income must include one month of current pay stubs from all sources. If you receive cash assistance, you are required to bring a current Notice of Action. If you are self-employed, you must bring a current profit and loss statement. If you are unemployed, you must bring an unemployment document.